Off air for a bit…
We’ve been transferring our web-site to a new host which will save us money and looks very reliable. Meanwhile there’s been lots going on. Here is a list of one liners which will be expanded upon over the next couple of weeks, so there will be a flurry of posts during this time and then we’ll get back to our roughly once per week frequency.
- Camden did not get its bid for a Liveable Neighbourhood accepted for phase 1. This is very disappointing but we’ll keep fighting for it,
- Camden Road is likely to be shut at Claremont Parade on Saturday 7th August – nice opportunity to see how a Liveable Neighbourhood might look and feel,
- Cleveland Bridge is shut, as we probably all know and so traffic getting north<->south is having to find other routes and opportunities, including through Camden. There is lots to say on this,
- Bennett Lane is also shut whilst a long wall is being rebuilt – the planning consent continues through August,
- The unloved Camden Meadow is getting worked on by volunteers of the new Friends of Camden Meadow – this is a big break through,
- A close eye is being kept on the trees close to the St Stephen’s Road hairpin bend,
- ‘Camden Cares’ still cares and we have nice story coming on that.