The historic Camden area of Bath is situated on the northern slopes of the city, with views across the city centre towards Beechen Cliff in the south, and Bathford, Bathampton and Batheaston in the east.
Camden Road runs east-west and forms the spine of the area. It consists of a number of individually named terraces, each with its own character and architectural style. Camden Crescent, designed by John Everleigh, was built in 1787/8 at the western end of Camden Road, and is a prominent landmark visible from many areas of the city.
Other roads in Camden include Frankley Buildings, Upper Hedgemead and Belgrave Crescent. Bennetts Lane, Seymour Road and Perfect View form part of Camden but are not currently represented on the residents’ association.
Shops and businesses at the eastern end of Camden Road include a café, a pub, a convenience store and off-licence, two estate agencies and a chemist. The Claremont Methodist Church has two large rooms that are used for a wide variety of community events including a local community choir.
Larkhall village, approximately fifteen minutes’ walk from Camden, offers a wider range of facilities including a post office, dentist and Co-op supermarket as well as an independent butcher, greengrocer, delicatessen and hardware store.
Fairfield Park Health Centre, a GP practice with one full-time and seven part-time GPs as well as practice nurses and locums, is at the eastern end of Camden Road: www.fairfieldparkhc.co.uk.
Local primary schools include St Andrew’s and St Stephen’s, and secondary schools include Kingswood School and the Royal High School. All are within easy walking distance of Camden Road. St Saviour’s primary school and St Mark’s secondary schools are a little further afield in Larkhall, but still easily accessible from Camden.