CAZ plans revealed
Just published now. Camden residents’ quick highlights:
- Applies 24 hours x 7 days per week
- £9 per day for non-compliant cars, vans, taxis (for which generous exemptions apply)
- Non-compliant cars are pre 2015 diesels and pre 2006 petrol cars
- No charge for any day that vehicle is parked in zone and not moved
- There have been tweaks to the CAZ zone boundary around the city but the boundary crossing Camden Road remains just SW of Gay’s Hill junction, so Camden residents are either ‘in ‘ or ‘out’.
- Implementation has gone back six months to end of 2020
- By then only 25% of vehicles are likely to be non-compliant, so a small reduction in traffic levels will result
- An electric bike hire scheme
- Some extra mini Park and Rides
- Nothing said about early warning signage of the CAZ to stop people 3-point-turning in Camden Road!
- The detail has not been released yet (40+ reports!)
- Click here for the link to the summary document
- Click here for the three minute official Council video
- Click here for an eight minute interview with the council’s Bob Goodman
- Do bookmark this page as we’ll post more information as it comes through
- Feel free to add comments below too.